All Posts

Visualizing a Docker Swarm Cluster

[Updated] 12⁄31 - Updated instructions to leverage the load balancer configuration that we added to the swarm cluster. Goal In a previous blog post I setup a docker swarm cluster. Now I want a way to visualize what the swarm cluster looks like. How many nodes I have and which containers are running. Also as I change the state of the swarm cluster through docker commands I’d like to visualize what is actually happening.

Three Node Docker Swarm with Ubuntu 17.04 on Azure

[Updated] 12⁄28 - Improved the setup so that we can use a load balancer in front of the swarm nodes as well as improve the availability of the swarm nodes Overview I’m learning docker swarm mode and need a realistic simulation of setting up a multi-node cluster. Azure is an ideal platform to test things out. My goal is to create a docker swarm cluster within a single region. Creating a multi-region swarm cluster requires creating virutal networks in different regions and connecting those vnets through a vpn gateway which is not something I’m ready to tackle just yet.

Logging and Monitoring on a Docker Swarm Cluster

How to setup data analytics, metrics and events collection and logging on a docker swarm cluster using sematext SPM and Logsene.

Showing UTF8 Characters in TeamCity 10 Build Logs

As part of a continuous integration pipeline I’m running my Postman api tests after every deployment to our development environment via TeamCity and Newman. One issue that I encountered was that the TeamCity agent build log wasn’t showing formatted newman output correctly because by default it doesn’t show UTF8. In order to fix this you just have to update your C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\conf\buildAgent.properties file to include teamcity.runner.commandline.stdstreams.encoding=UTF-8 and then restart the TeamCity Agent service.